I made a time intensive 9 layer cake for Auntie Kimm's birthday. It was supposed to be a 12 layer cake but I ran out of steam and cut some out. Found the recipe here. As usual I was in such a hurry to get things done and out the door for Kimm's surprise B-day party that I didn't glue the cake down on to the platter and it slid all over during the drive up to Sandy. Also, I didn't even think about taking a picture before it was attacked. A beloved brother decided to cut himself a triangle right out of the center... Oh well, it was still really pretty and amazingly good. I had to give the leftovers away so I didn't eat it all.
Monday, April 6, 2009
9 Layers
I made a time intensive 9 layer cake for Auntie Kimm's birthday. It was supposed to be a 12 layer cake but I ran out of steam and cut some out. Found the recipe here. As usual I was in such a hurry to get things done and out the door for Kimm's surprise B-day party that I didn't glue the cake down on to the platter and it slid all over during the drive up to Sandy. Also, I didn't even think about taking a picture before it was attacked. A beloved brother decided to cut himself a triangle right out of the center... Oh well, it was still really pretty and amazingly good. I had to give the leftovers away so I didn't eat it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yum!
YUM....Love the blog, and what a sis...I love it! The art is amazing too lady. Keep going. So fun!
Wow! that is quite the cake!
Yeah, too bad it was covered in chocolate...
So good! Lance, what made it good was that it was covered in chocolate! ;)
Post a Comment