Monday, November 16, 2009

Finger Painting Fun

Most of the time when we do crafty things I forget to take pictures until we are all done. This time I was determined to get some shots mid-process. It was difficult getting some good pictures without getting paint all over the camera. Ryan's seat needed a really good cleaning when he was all done.

We started out making hand print turkeys for Thanksgiving. I think Leah was a little worried about all the paint on her hand. She was glad to get her hand washed off. I didn't even try to do a turkey with Ryan. I had to paint a line around Leah's turkeys so she wouldn't paint over top of them. She tends to do this every time she paints. Each of the kids started a bit timidly (once I washed the turkey paint off Leah), one finger at a time. Leah quickly washed her finger off before each new paint addition.

Ryan's messy hands. He liked to squish the paint all over.

Leah saw all the fun Ryan was having making hand prints and decided to get in and get dirty too.

Hum, what does paint taste like? Ryan likes to put his fingers in his mouth a lot. I'm not sure if this tasting was intentional or not.

YUCK!

Getting ready to go into the bath. Ryan was a little fascinated by all the paint on his belly.

Ryan has been making this little pose a lot lately. I wonder what is going through his mind..."my belly is bigger than your belly!"

Ryan did two paintings, I didn't get a picture of the first one. These hand print he did all by himself. He was pretty proud.

I think Leah was proud of her painting too. she did all the painting outside the line all by herself.

1 comment:

Kimmby said...

That last picture of Leah looks a lot like you Ginni. So cute. I'm glad you got some photos of the project. Can't wait to see your table!