I remember when I was young my sister would ask me a TON of questions all day long. I got very tired of all the questions and so, in an attempt to stop her from asking so many questions my standard response to ALL her questions would be "Because the roads are black". After a while my sister stopped asking so many questions. I'm not sure though if she just grew out of that phase or if my ploy to stop her from asking questions actually worked.
Fast forward at least 20 years and I have another little girl asking me a TON of questions all day long. I cannot respond, "Because the roads are black" for two reasons. One, it isn't very nice. She is only 3 after all and naturally curious. Two, because we live on a dirt (once graveled) road and a lot of the roads here aren't black. So, I have to endure the endless questions, one right after the other. I answer one and she asks another about the answer I just gave her, only to then ask another about the 2nd answer, and so on and so forth until I give up and say, "I don't know!" Some days I don't have much patience and the latter answer comes out almost immediately.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, that pesky little girl was me! Why do flowers come in different colors? Why do we poo? How far away is space? How come I hiccup? "Because the roads are black!"
Another question...how come you could say that to me and not to Leah? It would only be FAIR! ;)
I can totally relate! And, I feel obligated to respond in the most truthful way cause they're learning. . .right? But, "I don't know" works for me too sometimes! :) kids. they can be so cute and yet so annoying. . .
You look SO cute on Santa. He is a lucky guy to have all those ladies sit on his lap! It is fun to get them a little older and then you can tease a little. Wait for it, wait for it....
PS..Why do you look like my mom more than me? Oh well....
Call me sometime. I miss you!
Post a Comment