Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas

We spent Christmas with family in Texas. It was fun to be with family again. The kids seemed to love spending time with all their many cousins. There weren't too many fights between them either, which is a good thing.

The kids were tired on Christmas morning. Leah is just starting to understand the whole Santa Clause thing. She was still pretty reserved. Maybe next year we'll see the kind of enthusiasm I remember having as a kid.

Ryan was most happy about the boxes of dried fruit. He loves boxes! I showed him the chocolate at the bottom of the sock and then he was in heaven.
As a side note, we forgot to take our cheapo Christmas stocking with us to Texas so I decided it was high time I made some like I had been planning on doing for the last few years. Luckily my niece, Beth had a sewing machine and I whipped up these stockings. Actually I kick myself somewhat for taking on a project instead of relaxing and spending time with all the family. Oh well, I am my Mother's daughter, and my Grandmother's granddaughter.

Still very little enthusiasm... She did like what she got, she just doesn't show it all that well yet.

She's a little tired.

Again, he does love boxes.

Leah's first attempt at playing Wii. The game is similar to Dance Dance Revolution. Leah didn't get it. She just waved the controller in the air and shuffled her feet a little. Her cousin tried to have patience with her and show her what to do but she just didn't understand.

Grandma LeVar got Leah this Leapster. She loved playing with her cousin's several months ago. We had a difficult time getting her to turn it off for a while. All she does is use the built in color game. We may not have to purchase any games for quite some time.

No comments: