Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coloring Eggs

We found a really great monster egg kit and they really wanted to get right into decorating. Somehow the mouth and eye stickers were missing. I suspect a little boy who loved to get into things used them for something other than decorating eggs. We might find them next year, who knows. Luckily we had some googly eyes that Nana sent us and know how to use markers. The glue that came with the kit was really crummy so I brilliantly went back into the craft bucket and came out with the handy dandy glue gun. It worked wonderfully.

Unfortunately the egg coloring process takes a long time (in kid minutes). The first ones coming out of the dye were fun but Leah got bored quickly.

Ryan decided it was more fun to color so after putting an empty bowl on his face, he kept himself busy drawing Baba, Nana and Great Grandpa (Ba Ba Ba). I neglected to take pictures of said drawing.
Daddy wrote some secret messages on the eggs. Daddy "heart" Mommy, Daddy "heart" Leah and Daddy "heart" Ryan. Ryan dropped Leah's so it is difficult to make out what it says. It is cool what the color does around the cracks even after it has dried.

Leah colored a great yellow egg, then decided she wanted to mark on it with an orange marker. She didn't want to stop until she had colored it all up. Luckily we hurried her at the end so she could eat dinner so you can actually see some of the yellow.

Ryan loved coloring some of the eggs too. I let him color one his own, while I held the egg. Those are the best because the finished monsters look like they have scaly skin.

The Monster Gathering... It looks like the purple one in the middle is patting the blue one's head. The blue one doesn't like it so much...

Lance did one of himself. His is the one on the right, not the one eyed troll monster on the left. Hard to tell the difference, I know...

No comments: