Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Camping Memorial Day

Well, we went camping Memorial Day weekend. Okay, so it was only for Friday night, but it was a lot of fun (for the most part), and we are very glad we did not try to stay two nights. The wind Saturday night blew down a bunch of campers' tents.

We roasted marshmallows, of course, and the kids' fingers got pretty sticky, of course. They sure did have a lot of fun with it, though.
I had some closer shots of Ryan and Leah, but I wanted to show the beauty of our surrounding areas.

Ryan decided that he wanted to pull his hat down over his face, so Leah had to join right in. Those monkeys are such copycats of each other...

...And they love each other SOOO much! One of those nice moments to treasure and call back when they are screaming bloody murder at each other later on.

Leah was running back from the bathroom at night and she slipped and scraped up both knees pretty badly. She was hysterical. It took a while to calm her down and convince her that I would not cause her significant pain when I wiped her knees off. I finally got her calmed down and went out to the car to get the first aid kit. Meanwhile, Ginni had to deal with Ryan who then burned his fingers on the lantern that I knocked down on my way out of the tent. (It was not a good start to the night). Ryan also fell and scraped his elbow. The picture of Ryan is from camping. Leah's picture is back at home, but her face really sums up how she felt about the injury (and the fact that they were about to get a bath, and I would have to take the band aids off...)


All-in-all it was a fun trip. We were going to take more pictures, but the battery died on the camera.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that sounds like is was fun for the most part. I don't think you can go camping with small children without at least one mishap. I can't believe how much your kids have grown. They are adorable!

Lance said...

Yeah, I think that kids and mishaps are synonymous.

Kimmby said...

I love how Ryan is insisting on wearing his birthday hat in some of those pictures! How fun!

You can use that sad picture of Leah someday for blackmail when she starts dating. he hee hee

Rachel B said...

Cute!