Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ryan's 3rd Birthday

Uh oh.  I feel bad, I'm a bad mom!  I totally forgot to post about Ryan's 3rd birthday which occurred a full 27 days before Leah's birthday. Oh well, I'll get over myself someday.

The cake.  I do some kind of special cake for the kids each year.  Last year Leah's was a car here, and Ryan's was a train here. This year Ryan really wanted a Tow Mater cake from the Cars movie.  I searched all over for how to make one, made a list of ingredients I would need and scrapped the idea after talking with my sister-in-law.  Too much work!!! He was only turning 3 after all, he may not remember the Mater cake later on, not to mention all the hard work, sweat and tears I would have put into making it.  Not worth the fuss.  So, we went looking for a Mater toy to put on top of a simple cake.  Ended up finding this set on sale at Target.  Found the chocolate rocks at Winco before I really knew what I was going to do with them.  The frosting in just black buttercream smoothed down with a paper towel.  Easy sneezy!  I think I even made a from the box cake!! How could I, you ask?  Well, no you probably don't ask...

 I'm sure he just really wanted to take those cars off and play with them.  He was excited about the cake but more excited about the cars.  He is SUCH a car boy!

 The faces this boy makes!!  I can't stand it, he is so cute!

 Lit candles, cute smile...
This is actually Ryan trying to blow out those candles.  It is difficult to see so I'll just tell you.  All the air is going right into his lap.  Real effective for blowing out candles! Good thing Lance was there to help.
Our wonderful dentist gave Ryan some birthday balloons, the kids had a dentist appointment before the party.  I'm so glad nice Mr. Dentist (he is also in our ward) was so generous because I had totally forgotten about balloons!  It was a stressful day that I was trying to make wonderful for Ryan.
 At least he got to go out to Birthday Breakfast with Daddy!

 Such a cute smile!

  Car bath toys.  Right away he is driving the cars.

This one just makes me laugh.  He totally loved his new big green truck that came with a guy that sits, kind of, in the front seat.  He played with it every day for about a week.  Now his friends play with it more than he does and they don't come over very often.  Oh well.